OBS, or Open Broadcaster software program, is the right alternative for a lot of Twitch streamers as a result of my freecams technique to stream your favourite video games. The unsuitable aspect? It is a bit difficult to arrange and use for those who’re new to the software program, even relating to including easy issues like textual content and pictures. Don’t be concerned although – right here we clarify tips on how to add textual content to your reside stream on OBS.
If you do not know tips on how to arrange OBS for Twitch streaming, be sure you take a look at our information on tips on how to stream on Twitch.
The best way to add textual content to a reside stream on OBS
There are two methods so as to add textual content to a reside stream: by typing it immediately into OBS, or by designing customized textual content / emblem and importing it as a picture. The processes are very comparable, however we thought we’d describe each under:
Enter textual content immediately into OBS
- Create a brand new scene and ensure to incorporate any sport / webcam captures you often embody in OBS broadcasts.
- From the Sources menu, right-click and choose Add> Textual content.
- Enter a reputation in your textual content field – that is the identify of the supply, not the displayed textual content. For instance, if you wish to embody your Twitter ID, you identify it “Twitter” and never “Comply with me on Twitter: @LewwyPaints”.
- From the Textual content menu, you’ll be able to customise the looks of your font. Change the font, dimension, coloration, opacity, and extra to get the impact you need, and add any textual content you wish to show within the “Enter Textual content” field on the backside of the window.
- When you’re prepared, click on OK to shut the window and save the textual content.
- You must now see the textual content displayed on the display. To regulate the place, choose Edit Scene and easily drag and drop the textual content to the specified location. It’s also possible to choose the purple dots to regulate the textual content dimension.
That is all! Your textual content is now on display, prepared in your reside broadcast. Observe which you can add as many textual content sources as you need (therefore the significance of naming them) and which you can cover them by unchecking the field on the left within the Sources menu.
Import textual content as a picture
In case you are in search of one thing a bit of extra spectacular, strive designing your textual content in software program like GIMP or Photoshop. You may make it extra distinctive and crowd pleasing than the usual textual content generated by OBS itself, and it is simply as straightforward to insert pictures right into a reside stream as it’s to insert textual content. Principally all you have to do is:
- Create a emblem in Photoshop or GIMP. If you would like a clear background round your customized textual content, be sure you export it as a .PNG file.
- Open OBS and create a scene such as you did above.
- Within the Sources space, click on Add> Picture and identify the supply to simply find it amongst different sources (it’s best to explain the picture you’re together with).
- Click on Browse… to seek out the picture saved in your pc, then click on Open to make use of it. If you would like it to be clear, change the opacity to a quantity lower than 100.
- As soon as you’re completed tweaking the settings, click on OK so as to add the picture to your reside broadcast.
- To maneuver your picture, simply choose Edit Scene and drag and drop the picture to the place you need it, then click on Edit Scene once more to exit.
For extra info, see our Full information to utilizing OBS.